. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday 23 October 2008

The things that makes me happy

Of course, beside or after my family, that always comes first;)

I recently had the request from one of my customers to make the wedding dress in black/white for her 5 years old daughter.
I must say that I was firstly confused with black wedding fact, but than I thought that it is original and different.....


So after I finally found some beautiful sumptuous black silk fabrics with silver embroidery(which wasn't such an easy task and it was good that silver could work instead of white), coordinating trims, beads and other details, I started creating the set.....my starting point was the GOLD antique dress I made a few moths ago and selling here.
Somehow, those days there was the film on the TV about Coco Channel's life and must say that I was inspired, with her evolution of hat as the detail and inevitable piece of women's look those days.....and all those minimal black and white dresses she made, and those beads, being great companion to her creations....

Well, here is what I made










and here are some pics I edited a bit in the photoshop, playing with background and layers, obtaining that vintage like look;)

marta7

marta3

marta6

oh, and the matching necklace



My sweet customer, received the dress/set only after 7 days(WOW!!!)and here is her letter I've just received

HELLO...GUESS WHAT...SOMEONE TODAY RECEIVED THE MOST LOVELY BLACK DRESS EARLY...YES...MY DAUGHTER LOVED IT...WE WERE SOO EXCITED THAT I HAD MY MOM AND THE MOTHER OF THE BRIDE COME OVER...SHE NEVER EVEN NOTICE IT WAS SILVER AND BLACK INSTEAD OF WHITE AND BLACK...THEY THOUGHT IT WAS THE CUTEST THING EVER...AND YES THE LAYERS WAS WHAT SHE WANTED AND IT WAS FORMAL...I JUST HAVE TO THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY NECKLACE...IT IS JUST AS AWESOME...MY DAUGHTER LOOKS TOO CUTE IN THE HAT...EVEN WITH HER HAIR NOT FIXED...SHE LOOKED LIKE A PRINCESS...I WANT TO THANK YOU...IT WAS EVEN BETTER THAN THE PICTURES...WOW!!!! A++++ THANKS...LOVED DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU...I WILL BE BACK...THANKS AGAIN...I REALLY CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH...THANK YOU!!!!!!!

:)
Katarina

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is stunning. What a lovely dress and every detail is just perfect. I love it.

Such talent you have and it's a pleasure to pop in to see your work.