. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday 10 December 2011

Recalling memories

zuma

Another year coming to an end and it somehow evokes the memories, not only of the year 2011. (that was really hard on some fields), but also of the years before this one. I've started with this blog 4 years ago (once I realized that it may be a good way to practice my English and not being intimidated when making mistakes;) as my "behind the scenes" regarding my creative happenings, in different fields. A bit before that, some 5.5 years ago I discovered the amazing world on eBay in the category of custom, boutique clothes for kids. It was the category for selling handmade clothes for kids that only on US eBay existed. So, I've started selling some clothes under flowers and butterflies name and I was amazed by the community behind that particular category of sellers, women, mainly working from homes, creating some gorgeous items for kids. There were forums, eBay groups, theme launches and I had the pleasure to be part of those happenings, making some wonderful "on-line" friendships and learning so many things. Anyway, eBay was a wonderful place to be and sell, until they changed some policies and fees and many sellers moved from eBay to etsy after the ebay Strike. Many things changed and many talented women moved from that kind of "business" to photography, textile design field, pattern design field and grow a career.


So, recalling the memories from the good ole eBay period, here are some of my very first designs and creations (2006-2008), dedicated to the Xmas theme. Marta was my only model (Bianka was a baby) and she hated it, LOL. Can you tell it from the expressions of her face?

babuska set

babuska set

holiday oli set Chateaux rococo Christmas

Flea Market fancy halteralls

11

xo,
Katarina
PS Don't forget to visit my blog on Monday, for the upcoming giveaway

No comments :