. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday 8 March 2014

Happy dots


dots and triangles

I've been having some thoughts and issues with me and my color selection, regarding the textiles....I can not explain why my color choices are so saturated and vivid when it's the field of the textile design, while with my paintings I tend to go almost monochrome...fearing maybe that color may be competitive with forms and shapes....

bianka

Anyhow, as I started un-checking the fabric option in my Spoonflower shop, as said before, I arrived to some of my dots designs. The collection is called Lots of dots (and you can still buy them as wallpaper, wall decal or gift wrap....) and the point is the use of color and colors here.

Triangles!

Looking at this (almost forgotten) collection, I realized how weird is that sometimes the answers to our questions may be just in front of us, waiting to be re-discovered. Not sure if I managed to explain myself in English, but I am so grateful that I cleared some things to me ;)

lots of dots fabric collection

Triangles and polka dots!

lots of dots fabric collection

It's great when you find the good balance. Happy balance, happy dots! :)

Triangles and polka dots!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Katarina

1 comment :

Sharon said...

These fabrics are gorgeous! I love the dots and triangle prints, and such unique colors. I can't wait to see your fabrics with Art Gallery, your designs are incredible!