. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Friday 17 September 2010

Tea party

cup

During this summer, mostly during the month of July, I was intensively working on some new drawings, as I need to organize the solo exhibition next year. And that means that I firstly had to make the stuff to expose and than participate in the contest for the individual exhibitions and eventually win ( I will know that hopefully next week:)

me

The last individual exhibition I had was back in 2006. which makes a very big "hole" for my artistic carrier and even that I had many group exhibitions during each year, non having often solo shows may have the negative impact on my professional carrier as a teaching assistant (having solo exhibitions in the same teaching field is crucial for artists that teach something...as in that way we are "gaining the points", indispensable for eventual building up of the carrier:)

Ok, so I have imagined this exhibition as a Wonderland......from all the aspects....ideological, thematic and visual and I have prepared ten large drawings and a few smaller ones as part of this “Wonderland” cycle. I will not reveal the drawings now, even that some you may be able to see or here or in my flickr, but rather the 3D objects that will accompany the drawings.

Tea party set

They are imagined as the part of the Mad tea party and they wonderfully integrate the cycle and drawings, as are made with the same old graphic prints and pieces of papers and fabric. The tea party cups, plates and pots are firstly created with the simple cardboard and than are sculptured in Papier-mâché technique, previously with tin plain paper and than with different patterned papers.

tea time set in work tea time set in work tea time set in work

This is only one set, that I truly enjoyed creating, playing with paper and fabric and can't wait to create the entire big set and hopefully to see it exhibited somewhere:)

cups

Have a wonderful weekend,
Katarina

4 comments :

CeCe said...

Have just caught up on your blog --
Oh My, as usual, you have not disappointed --
The sculptures are delightful --
As delightful as your life appears to be --
I hope it truly is such !

The Wooden Spool said...

Delightful! LOVE THIS SET SO MUCH, Katarina!
You have been busy.
Happy Fall (almost)
Hugs,
laurie
xx

Anne B. said...

What a cute necklace you're wearing. Have you made it yourself or where did you find it?

Katarina said...

Thank you so much!!!