. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday 7 December 2014

Braided memories quilt along



Thinking about some sew-along with this block....anyone interested? I would make the free PDF template on my blog with a few versions? #recollectionfabrics #quilt #strips #xmas

Are you ready for the Braided memories quilt-a-long?
Well I am looking forward to it. :D
My Recollection line is arriving to the shops and I wanted to celebrate that with you.
For that occasion, I prepared a nice braided block-that can be done with strips (and scraps;) and you can download and print it HERE


This is the mirror image of what you will be getting on the back of the paper.



I always wanted to learn the paper piecing and I think that this block can be nice for the start.
I also think that it can be created with traditional piecing as well, so that will be my plan B ;) Recollection fabrics and matching Pure elements-solids can make nice fabric creations, appropriate for upcoming Holidays gift-givings.

I divided the block in 4 printable sheets in order to obtain one big block that can be used as it is for cushions, but can be also used with other additional blocks to make a quilt or table runner. The numbers on the block are showing the piecing order and the letters are showing the fabric placement.

I 've found this great tutorial on You tube, for those that, like me, are beginners.

Here are the fabrics I will be using (look at the block on the first picture of this post):

 fabric A: pure element "coral reef"


 fabric B: pure element "snow white"


 fabric C: pure element "mirage blue"


 fabric D: pure element "nocturnal"


 fabric E: Fairisle Hearts greige


 fabric F: Bullion fronds rose


 fabric G: Flowered engrams ornate


 fabric H: Kilim Inherit shadow


 fabric I: Cuneiform script aged


 fabric J: Laced remains haze






And here are the versions of the block in  second colorway of the Recollection fabrics and in 2 variations in Indelible fabrics.





Here are some quilt mock-ups.....


Well, I hope that you feel inspired and that you are willing to join me on Instagram with your projects......just use the hash tag: #braidedmemories

Happy sewing!
Katarina





2 comments :

FaithLoveFabric said...

About to print mine, I'm going to use it on some of my anna Maria horner prints so that I don't look like such a hoarder! I love that first mockup

Sassypants said...

How much of each fabric is required? I have a fat quarter bundle of recollections.... Just wondering if I need to order more.