. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday 4 November 2008

Mermaids

p1


p3


I finally managed to list something on eBay. Not the dress that could be seen in progress in the previous post, but some very interesting and unique pieces I made in collaboration with Rachel of MydeepblueC. Her work is just impecable and I'm so happy that I had the chance to work with her and purchase one pair of her beautifuly hand embellished jeans for Marta:).

t1

j6They fit perfectly and are so unique.
The fabric line we used is the Mendocino line by
Heather Ross featuring mermaids, seahorses, squids, octopi large and small, and we choosed the gorgeous send and aqua palette in colors of earth, redwood forests, sand beaches, sky and sea. And for those reading my blog, it is well known how much I love that colour combo:)








w1
Of course, my granny gave hers contribution to the versatibility of this small collection, by knitting the warmy/cozy necktie and hand warmers and I embellished them with the fabric buttons.
So cute!!!! I especially love this brooch pin

a1

I started creating this set, inspired with gorgeous trims I found and of course the quilting squares;)






And must say that all that loveliness I ruined again with making the mistake on selecting the ISO on my camera...ughhhh!!!! I have placed my ISO to 1600 instead of auto, which is usually 200-400 at that type of light....So I got all that grainy pics...when I realized that, we went back to the garden to redo, but it was already 4.30 pm and getting already dark(2 weeks ago we had that changing of time in one hour forward).So many pics are dark and noisy:(


t9


Also, I've relisted 2 Christmas listings, but you have all the links at the side bar.....

Enjoy the week,
xo, Katarina

2 comments :

The Wooden Spool said...

Katarina!
You rock, momma!
This outfit is so beautiful. I am telling you, your outfits/sets just keep getting better with every one...they are all so gorgeous. You have an eye and know how to put them together.
Hugs,
Laurie
xo

Sharon said...

Adorable as usual! I love the Mermaid fabric!