. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday 14 April 2020

Fabric face mask tutorial


Hi!
It's been a while...and maybe I wouldn't even pop up, if it wasn't for this new Pandemic situation that, unfortunately we are all living at the moment.



About a month ago, I started making fabric masks, as a necessity, because we couldn't buy them in the pharmacies - they were sold out and of course, the medical facilities needed them more then ever.
I saw on the internet, especially Instagram, that in many countries that were firstly "attacked" with this nasty virus, people started making different kinds of fabric masks, so I started testing and trying different kinds of patterns.

The one that I liked the most, was kindly sent to me from a fabric friend on Instagram - Nida and here, I am bringing the pattern that I slightly changed (mainly regarding the filter placement opening).
I really like the fact that it sits on the face nicely, and the nose part is nicely covered, without use of additional wire, but it can eventually also be added.

There are also  many tutorials providing different kinds of elastic or tie options, and I suppose that it can depend on the personal preferences, availability or maybe even some strict rules, that certain facilities have set as parameter or best solution.

Art Gallery fabrics collected and shared many useful and helpful info regarding some fabric facts and also different pattern options on their newly created webpage, so I suggest that you look at it.

Here's the printable fitted face mask PDF pattern. You can find the IGTv video HERE


In case that you don't have the printer at home, I am attaching here also the original pattern I got from Nida, that is very easy to be drafted, following the measurements she provided.


My youngest daughter Bianka (modelling her homemade masks), helped me a lot in making and sewing masks and also created the video for how to make it (by herself!), and you may find it on my Instagram and as my first ever IGTV.

Happy sewing!
Katarina









9 comments :

Blessings2me said...

Pls send to me the free printable maks for I can make it
eneida7@mail.com

Jane Holbrook said...

I am unable to make the link work for the printable mask pattern. FYI Thanks

Shah Sazib said...

Good mask. I found quality fabric store which is if need Broadway Fabrics.

Amara johnson said...

Thanks for sharing creative designs for face masks. You can check this link for more information.
Thanks for sharing creative designs for face masks. You can check this link for more information.
Custom Face Masks

financialserviceoffer said...

Are you in need of Urgent Loan Here no collateral required all problems regarding Loan is solved between a short period of time Get access to both long and short term loans on credit check, unemployed, personal and business loans without delay through online application with 100% approval. We stand apart from other lenders because we believe in customer service,and we stay with you until you get the results you want. no matter your location just 3% per year Contact us for more details regarding the loan. WhatsApp No:+918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
Dr. James Eric
Kind regards/Respect

Nancy said...

Nice tutorial I think Challis Fabric is the best choice for this purpose.

Vasantha sri said...

Nice information I really loved your best representation. I am searching for best beauty parlor in hyderabad can you please guide me. Am waiting for your reply.

johnson said...

I cherish the moment and diligence you spent developing this piece. The substance is well-written, complete, and exciting. I believed the evaluation and findings to be requiring and thought-provoking. keep going the conversation.
leyes de divorcio de nueva jersey
virginia uncontested divorce forms

mayajustin said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing thoughts. It's a well-explained and informative blog. Click here for more details Dentatonic